Extrusion Die Repair Service
The steps in re-building your extrusion die:
- Extrusion Die problems are discussed with the customer to better understand the scope of the rework. (leakage, dielines, gauging problems)
- The Die assembly is digitally recorded.
- A complete inspection of the outer die body is performed, noting the condition of the guards, electrical wiring and heaters, along with recording of the die gap.
- A detailed recommendation is made to the customer on required repairs. (i.e. heaters, adjustment bolts, and wiring)
- The die is then disassembled and digital photos are taken of the flow cavity.
- A complete inspection of the internal flow surfaces is recorded, noting feed channel depths, manifold dimensions, and surface blemishes.
- The chrome is stripped from the die. The die seal areas are ground and the flow cavities polished. The lip area is polished to 1-3 Ra and 4-6 Ra in the flow cavity. The lip area is ground flat within .0001 per 3 inches of width.
- The extrusion die is chromed .001 – .0015 on all flow surfaces and flash chromed on the outer body for corrosion protection.
- The chrome is polished and any chrome build-up is removed.
- The die is reassembled in “like new” condition and returned to the customer.
Specialized Machining & Metal Fabrication
MER has a history of machining products to exacting tolerances, even in specialty alloys such as 316, 17-4, and 400 series stainless steels. In addition, we regularly machine hardened D-2 mixing liners (60 Rc), hastalloy, inconel, and powered metals such as CPM10V and MPL.
Over the years, we have established ourselves as a quality metal fabricator of:
- Co-extrusion feedblocks
- Twinscrew inserts/Sleeves
- Transfer tubes and adapters
- Compounding and mixing liners
- Strand Dies and strainer plates
- Pipe dies
- Salt Compaction Rolls
- Granulation Rolls
- Feedpipe Adapters
- Feedpipe Elbows
- Cutter Knives
- Screen Changers
- Project Management
- Clients appreciate our comprehensive project management support system. Our global resources can get your most difficult project to the finish line.
- Quality parts, On Time, and On Budget!
FILM, SHEET & PROFILE EXTRUSION DIES
HARD CHROMIUM PLATING
Precision Machining, Grinding & Polishing
- I.D./O.D. POLSHING & GRINDING
- I.D./O.D. MACHINING
- VERTICAL MILLING
- SURFACE GRINDING & FINISHING
- OPTICAL MIRROR FINISHING
- VARIOUS GRIT BLASTING FINISHES